The Blichmann Therminator Wort Chiller is exact to the chillers is exact to the chillers used in commercial breweries. It's top-knotch, constructed with 40 plates, from 316 stainless steel plates and fittings. It's the fastest way to chill your wort. The Therminator is excellent when usingn a pup-driven system, but can also yield great results when using a gravity fed system as well.
The Therminator has 1/2" MPT connectors for the wort in and out with garden hose fittings for the water in and out. It's super compact design makes it convenient to use, and to clean and sanitize (small enough to boil)! The Therminator has been known to chill 10 gallons worth of wort down to 68 degrees while using 58 degree water in only five minutes! Not only is it a killer time saver but also the ultimate chiller!
Important information regarding Proposition 65 for California residents - Click Here!
- Chill 10 gallons in 5 minutes down to 68 degrees Fahrenheit using 58 degrees Fahrenheit cooling water at 5 gallons per minute
- High-quality 316 stainless steel plates and fittings
- Attached together with pure copper in an oxygen-free furnace with no potential leaks (no gaskets = no leaks)
- Ultra compact (7.5" W, 4"D, 3" H)
- Super-low restriction is ideal for gravity feed
- Garden-hose thread connection on the water side means there's no need to buy extra adapters!
- 1/2" male NPT fittings on wort side connects with virtually every common hose- connector types, they're also much easier to sanitize than female fittings!
- Lowest water consumption on the market, big money saver!
- Comes with a heavy-gauge stainless mounting bracket.
Originally used a 25 foot copper immersion chiller first running the water through an ice bath. That took roughly 20 minutes to cool 5 gallons from boil to 80F. I have used this Blichmann chiller on several 12 gallon batches now and it consistently takes less than 10 minutes for the full volume from boil to 65F! A great savings in time and water usage. Plus no more chill haze due to slow cooling! My personal advice, stop thinking about it and just get one!
Get one now! Chills 12 plus gallon batches in under 10 minutes.
I have not had a chance to use this item yet, but it was packaged well and in good condition upon arrival. I purchased this item to see if I could use less water than my immersion chiller.
I haven't used this yet, but, from the research that I have done it should be a wonderful addition to my setup.
I looked around for quite awhile and settled on the Blichmann since it had a mounting bracket, low water usage, and was only a bit more than some of the counter flow units I considered (although the ones I really liked were more). A nice surprise, it had the mounting bracket as well as the adapters for hooking in my 1/2" tubing from my pump. I've seen it in action before and am excited to have it in my pilot system!