Biscuit Malt is aptly named. Contributing a warm bread/biscuit flavor and garnet brown color, this malt must be mashed with other malts containing an excess of diastatic power. Use 5-10% max.
- Malt Type: Lightly Kilned / Toasted Malt
- Origin: Belgium
- Variety: 6-row winterbarley
- 47 – 70 EBC, Lovibond: 18-27
- Extract : 70%
- Moisture: 4.5%
- Total Protein :11.5%
- Flavors: Nutty, Toasty, Bread...y, Bisctuit...y
- Nut Brown Ales
- Any Beer where a Nutty Addition would be nice
Bought some biscuit malt for a brown ale. It smelled great!
It worked well with the rest of the grains. What else can I say?!