BTF® Iodophor Sanitizer
BTF Iodophor is a very effective sanitizer for home brewers and commercial breweries. This is not your grandmother’s iodine! It has advantages over the most prevalent foaming, acid-based sanitizers you see marketed to homebrewers. These include:
- Iodophor is less expensive and goes much further. One tablespoon (1/2 ounce or 15ML) of this sanitizer will make 5 gallons at the recommended strength of 12.5 parts per million.
- BTF Iodophor is effective in killing yeast, mold, fungus, gram positive and negative bacteria, viruses and even blood born pathogens. Acid based sanitizers are not effective on all of these
- You don’t have to fear or worry about foam with this sanitizer. It is low foaming and even works in Clean in Place (CIP) machines
- BTF is not corrosive, acid Sanitizer is!
- Iodophor is gentle on your hands and skin.
- BTF is not classified as hazardous according to the Department of Transportation
- Iodophor is effective in hard and soft water. Some foaming acid based sanitizers are not as effective in hard water.
BTF® Iodophor mixes easy and it is very simple to use:
- Convenient 1 oz (30 ML) measuring cup in provided to make mixing easier
- You do not need to rinse at the rate of 12.5 parts per million mixture (1 Tablespoon per 5 gallons, or ½ oz, 15ML).
- Allow 2 minutes of contact time and then you can let it air dry. No need to rinse or wipe off.